Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Good Bye 2012

Dear 2012,

As you pack your bags and get ready to leave, and as you see people get pumped up with their firecrackers and all the noisemakers available, please bear in mind that you will never be forgotten. You may not have been that long a year, or time has just really be passing so quickly, but that does not make anything you leave with us any less memorable.

For all the new experiences, new feelings, new friends, new love and all things new, thank you. You might be well aware of the thrill of first times. May it be good or bad, happy or sad, it happened and I thank you for many reasons— for lessons, mostly.

For everything that stayed, I thank you just as well, maybe even more. Thank you for the people that did not leave, for the passion that continued on burning, for the boyfriend who understand, who listen, who taught me a lot of things, who make life a little bit more fun, a little bit more bearable, a little bit more crazy and a whole lot more worth living. Thank you for the friends who accept me, over and over again. Thank you for the family that never ever left, no matter how irrational you become, how much you demand and how much of a brat you are. No matter the mood swings, the tantrums, the silent treatment and all. Let them know that their existence is a gift I will never be tired of opening, looking at and treasuring as much as cherishing.

Thank you for the people I met and liked, and those I did not. More than anything, thank you for the new brand of patience I acquired. Thank you for new books and old books, and for the time to read. Thank you for fluctuating moods that let me think stuff over, for giving me the passion to write and letting it stay after all this time, for my supportive boyfriend and grandparents. Thank you for the adventure times I had with my friends, in places I have learned to navigate on, and places I have never been to. Thank you for the people that have been with me, in ups, in downs, and in both. Most especially my boyfriend. Thank you for the smiles and the tears, the raised eyebrows, the one-sided smile, the uncontrollable laughter, the sarcastic remarks, the snide comments, and everything else. And for not letting the world end last December 21.

Most of all, above everything said and done, thank you for the feelings you let me feel and the lessons you let me learn.

Thanks to God for granting all my wishes for the past year.
Thank you for these last hours with you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment